Misery weeps & life mocks at her. But still she is alive

I AM A FLIGHT ATTENDANT

I wake up everyday not knowing what day it is cause for me the time of the day is more important.
I wake up groom myself , get ready , get in my uniform and GET OUT of myself at the same time.
I make sure my footsteps don't bother my family who sleeps while i get ready to face the world.
I waive goodbye to my loved ones if i can and move towards the airport.
I get off my transport and see hundreds of emotions at the departure hall.
Pushing my way through these emotions somewhere in my mind i know i have wrapped up my emotions in some corner of my heart.
I meet a new team daily and i have to build a strong relationship in a few minutes so that we can really be a team.
I move towards the security the customs and immigration knowing that there are 100's of eyes looking at me curiously.

I board my aircraft which will be my home for the next long hours.
I greet you with a smile as you board hiding the stress the pain and the worry. My smile has to look genuine all the time.

I find my family in you as you board the plane. A kind greeting from you makes me glad. Many of my greetings go unnoticed but i assume subconsciously you did wish me back.
I make you comfortable in that confined space. I relax the tension that you are in. As i know somewhere you are also loaded with many of yours like mine.
The look on your face your behaviour all speaks to me. Even though you don't say it but trust me i know what you need.
You get scared as the plane takes off, i don't as the thousands of takeoffs have made that fear a child's play for me.
While you close your eyes to get a nap, i have to be all the more alert with eyes wide open.
I serve you the meal you asked for at the time you wish ensuring there is no delay.
The call bells none unanswered.

While you recline your seats and go in deep sleep i pray that all should go well.
I take numerous rounds in the aircraft cabin to see whether there is any one in need of anything.
My team is my family up in the sky . We do everything possible to make each other comfortable.
When you are sleepless and need someone to talk to i am always there no matter how busy i may be.
While my goal is to make you feel everything is perfect i am worried that nothing should go wrong.
We land at destination and you leave the plane. The emptiness and the silence resembles the state of my mind.
While you reach your home or work to win the world. Its time for me to get the rest i deserve.
While you wine and dine i wonder what should i get myself to eat.
I do manage to buy myself a few hours of happiness and a full stomach no matter what the situation.
While i rest for my flight the next day i still know the hour and not the day. As it is a crime for me to be late.
When we fly back home and land late night. We are glad we are home again. My worries and tensions come flying back to me along with my happiness.
With your loved ones coming to receive you i silently exit the airport unnoticed.
I reach home to see my family asleep. I tip toe back to my bed. Cause i need to recover from the work stress and wake up early next morning to absorb all the love i missed.
After a few hours i need to check my flight for the next day at a different hour to a different place through the same emotions all over again.
What you read was just 24 hours of the 1000's i am rostered for.
Without me flying would never be as comfortable as it seems to be.
I am your flight attendant.
I am here to be...


Please LIKE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE to 'THE AAM ADMI BLOG'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity Is a Process, Not an Event, An Essay.

CHILD MARRIAGES IN OUR VILLAGES, INSIGHT...

Amir Liaquat tweet over Reham's name and twitterwaly burst out of laugh