My father and I have never cried like this infront of each other.

The following article is a fiction by the author. 


One regular evening I came from office with my heavy feet as I was too tired after working all day and my whole body was aching. As soon as I came home I went straight to my bed. Seeing me coming back home and lying on my bed, My father instantly came and asked my recent moves and about my day. Since I was too tired and sleepy I replied him crankily and he, while giving me blessings, left the room.
After a while, My wife came in the room so I asked her where the children were, All my fatigue will go away after I'll see my babies. She said they were playing in the lawn and brought them to me. As soon as they saw me, the joy on their tiny faces can not be explained as they came running towards me like they've been missing me for quite a long time and I just forgot all my tiredness.


After a while, glimpse of my old man's wrinkly face started coming in front of my eyes and I started thinking that, out of joy he came to me, to give love to his son but because of my cranky reply he couldn't even sit for a minute. While just thinking about this scene, darkness started coming in front of my eyes I felt my heart drowning, that guilt was something I had never felt before. I left the kids and ran towards my father’s room as soon as I could. He was staring the ceiling and was lost in his thoughts. I sat on his bed and started pressing his feet.
He instantly got up and hugged me. Both of us started crying like crazy for no reason. I admit, that euphoria, and calmness was something I hadn't found anywhere that I had found on my father's chest.

Dear Readers, it is my request to all of you out there. Please spend most of your time with your parents because you never know when they are gonna leave you and you can do nothing but regret that you didn't spend enough time with that person while he was still alive, crying wouldn't help then. Take care of them like they took care of you when you were young, do fun stuff with them. Make them the best-best friends you'll ever have, share stuff with them and if nothing you can at least tell them how much you love them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity Is a Process, Not an Event, An Essay.

CHILD MARRIAGES IN OUR VILLAGES, INSIGHT...

Amir Liaquat tweet over Reham's name and twitterwaly burst out of laugh